Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Beau's First Sunday at Church

When Jake & Mal were born, I had strict orders from their pediatrician to keep them at home until they were four weeks old & at least six pounds each. I remember crossing my fingers at their one-month check up, waiting to see if we'd qualify. Mal barely passed the six pound mark, & I was thrilled to finally be able to get them out of the house.

This time around, everything is so different with a full term baby! At a week and a half past delivery, I was already itching to get out of the house, so we all headed to church on Sunday. Luckily, Mimi was here to help us get everyone dressed & out the door.
Sweet boy in an outfit that Mommy loves & Daddy hates. They're only little enough to dress like this for so long!

Beau did really well at church & didn't make a peep. It felt good to all be there together. I've missed being with my big kids lately!
Unfortunately, Sunday held another kind of "first" for me that wasn't quite so much fun. I felt fine all through church, but by the end of lunch I had fever, chills & a full-blown case of mastitis. I don't really recommend it, but the bad part was mercifully short. Hopefully the antibiotics I'm on will do the trick & keep it from returning. Never a dull moment!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry that you had to got through that! I've heard it is very painful. Here's to an uneventful week!:)Oh, and I loved the outfit, too!

Jodi said...

YUCK! Mastitis.... been there done that, and NO FUN! I am so so sorry!!! But glad you got to get out and show off the newest cutie!

And you look Ah-MAZ-ing, btw!

Amy McCown said...

Sorry that you got mastitis. I hope that you are doing better. I talked to Justin Sunday and got to meet Beau. He is just perfect Allie. Wes is not a fan of the outfits either, but I put the boys in them anyways.