Monday, January 4, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

My goodness, it's January! I've got to get my act in gear & post all of our Christmas pics!

On Christmas Eve, we were treated to this lovely surprise! A blizzard by Dallas standards!
Even though the kids were still too young this year to really understand Christmas, they definitely got caught up in the excitement. Here they are burning off some energy after dinner that night. It's split into two short videos because Jake came over to inspect the camera & had to be distracted.


We let the kids open one present each on Christmas Eve to give them a taste of what was to come. It was a bit slow going at first, as Mal decided she didn't want to mess up the pretty paper & ribbon. Such a girl!


I chose their presents from each other for them to open that night. Next year, we'll go for something fun, but I stuck to more practical items since I knew they'd be receiving a ton of toys from other people. Mal cared much more about her bloomers than the dress & carried them around for the rest of the evening.
Curly ribbon is such fun!

Jake making sure his pants are real Polo
The ribbon isn't so much fun when you get all tangled up in it & can't break free.
They even got to have their first taste of custard, which is my family's version of egg nog & so very yummy!
Jake didn't think Santa really needed all those cookies & tried to take a few off his hands.
Pondering the complexities of Christmas

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness gracious, your kids are SO CUTE!!!!! Looks like you had the best Christmas EVER! :)