Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Chamblee Christmas

In years past, we've always stayed with either my parents or J's parents (depending on whose year it was) on Christmas Eve. This year, we decided to stay at home so the kids could see all of their gifts from Santa at our house, & then we headed to Paris later that morning. It was fun to start new traditions with our little family! I looked at J that morning & said, "Wow, now I really feel like a grown up!"

Our back yard Christmas morning
J offered to document my first ever white Christmas. See my excitement? Sadly, we were the non-fun parents who didn't take our kids out to play in the snow. They don't really get up very early, & by the time we got up, opened stockings, ate breakfast & opened presents, it was mostly melted. If it snows again this week, I promise I'll take them out in it.
As I said, they're not really early risers, so we had to wake them up in order to keep our schedule for the morning.

Jake was happy to see us...
...but not so with Mal.
Waiting at the top of the stairs to go see their presents. I love Mal's sleepy eyes.
The loot
"Dad, did you see what's in here?"
Jake was quick to notice that Santa had not finished his cookies.
So he was kind enough to help the old guy out.
I think they kept wondering throughout the day what they'd done right to achieve this result.

The blocks were a big hit with Mal.


"Daddy, let me go so I can play some more!"

Family pic before we headed to Paris
More to come!

No comments: