Monday, July 26, 2010

Reptile Recreation

While playing with the kids in the back yard Saturday night, J caught a little green lizard. I always laugh at him when he tries to catch them because they're so fast, so he probably hung onto this one just to prove me wrong. We put it in a high-tech cage while we ate dinner & then let Jake & Mal play with it afterward.

They warmed up to Mr. Lizard by petting his tail...

marveled at his obvious awesomeness...

& then allowed their new friend to crawl all over them.
(on her tummy)

That cup Mal is holding is our high-tech cage: a cup with saran wrap over it & breathing holes punched in it. I only like lizards from a distance, so this is probably the closest my children will come to ever having one as a pet!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow... impressive they would let it crawl on them! Glad it wasn't the biting kind!! :)

Hattie said...

That is so cute! That will be all Mark when it comes to Charlotte playing with reptiles. I call him to get rid of the 1 inch geckos we have in our house!

Winters said...

How cool! Very surprised they were so willing to let it crawl on them...but, I'm with you, I'd be observing the things from VERY far away!