Monday, July 19, 2010

High Seas Adventure

As I mentioned earlier, the kids & I spent our mornings last week at Vacation Bible School. Last year, I taught a 4-yr-old class, but this year I didn't think I'd be up to the task of leading children up & down stairs & sitting on the floor with my giant boots. So my sweet friend Rebecca found a job for me that allowed for lots of sitting. VBS is open to kids age four & up, unless they're teachers kids, which was one of the main reasons I wanted to find a way to help. I knew Jake & Mal would have a blast, & I was right!

This year's theme centered around exploring the high seas in search of God's treasure. Each day revealed to the kids another important aspect of the Word of God.

Me & Rebecca at the registration table
The information booth was my official post for most of the week, where I sold t-shirts & Cd's.Prestoncrest's decorations for VBS are always above & beyond what anyone expects. We have some very talented worker bees!

The snack room was decorated as the ship's galley.

We even got to enter each morning on a boardwalk!
I had someone take my camera in to Jake & Mal's class to snap some pictures, because I was afraid me going in would disrupt them. They were so proud each day to wear their t-shirts, despite the fact that they were huge.


Mal was so eager to pose here that she didn't see Tanner going in for her cracker!


I also got to hang out some with the curriculum girls, Kristin & Heather.



Apparently, I shouldn't have worried about the kids getting upset if they saw me. I took this picture of them walking into the closing assembly with their class, & they barely seemed to acknowledge their mother's presence!
Their sweet teachers made these collages of the week for us. I thought some of the pictures were pretty hilarious!
Yea God!

1 comment:

Hattie said...

I'm so glad they had a great time! What a wonderful experience for them. Prestoncrest VBS is the best! In the collages, I particularly like the one of Mallory in the bottom left hand corner. Too cute :)