Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I can count that, right?

Okay, so I just went into the nursery to get Mal because she obviously wasn't going to take a nap. Jake was asleep, & she was talking loudly, so I thought I'd get her out of there in hopes of him getting some much needed sleep. When I reached her crib, she looked right at me, smiled & said, "Ma-ma!" Now, I'm not delusional enough to think that this was necessarily on purpose or that she has any clue what it means, but I'm SO counting it! Looks like me only practicing my own name with the kids may actually be paying off. J, of course practices "Da-da" with them all of the time, so maybe that will come soon. Here are some random pics of late.

This was before Ladies' bible class last week. Aren't Mal's shoes great? Thanks Nana!We've started practicing using sippy cups some. I just have water in them, & Jake usually blows into his, but they've each taken a sip or two.
Mal sharing while Jake tries to escape
Silly girl with her paci upside down. She had it like this when I went to get her up from her nap the other day & kept it like that for a while. It was really funny to see her grin & laugh while still keeping it in like this.
Could this kid be any better looking?
Sweet ones all bundled up for our chilly day of refrigerator shopping Saturday
Wrestling matches are very common in our house.
Just a sweet face
Funny, pretty girl
This series is of some of Jake's crazy faces. He was wound up the other night & J was able to capture some good ones.


Discussing life's mysteries, I'm sure

3 comments:

Lori said...

TOTALLY counts, how great :-)

Miranda said...

Of course it counts!

Brandi said...

Allison! I have no idea how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did since we've lost touch since our days of living across the hall from each other in Sikes. I can't believe you have twins! They are the most precious babies I've ever seen. I hope things in Dallas are going well and you are enjoying your sweet kiddos :)
Brandi "Taylor" Blaylock