Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh no...I'm THAT Mom!

So far, I've been pretty tough as a parent. Letting the babies cry it out doesn't make me tear up. If anything, J & I usually end up laughing at them because their meltdown is totally fake. I really don't have too many emotional breakdowns. It's not difficult at all for me to leave my children with a babysitter for a few hours. I even handle shots pretty well. So imagine my surprise when, after dropping my kids off for their first ever nursery class at church this morning, I couldn't control the flow of tears. Even as I write this, the tears threaten to return. It wasn't that I thought I would miss them too terribly during the hour they'd be away from me, but nonetheless I felt the sting of tears in my eyes as I was walking away from the nursery. My babies are growing up! I was mad at myself for being so ridiculous & tried to pull it together, but as soon as someone asked if I was okay, the floodgates opened again. So yeah, that silly mom silently weeping in the corner on the first day of school? I guess that will be me.

Speaking of growing up, our little munchkins are becoming quite mobile. Between rolling & scooting, they can get into all kinds of things. Here's how I found them after leaving the room to put something away & coming back the other day. Mal made it underneath the coffee table, which she gleefully considers a major accomplishment.Jake had wrapped himself into a burrito with the play blanket. He uncovered his face before I could take a picture.
Just a little bit cute, aren't they?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Riley has the same checkered outfit that Jake is wearing in the last picture. We might have to make them wear it on the same day and take a picture!

Molly Woodall said...

AWWWWWW.....don't be tough on yourself....you're allowed a few of those teary eyed moments! God has blessed you and J so much with these precious healthy babies!

Hattie said...

Oh, Alli! It's okay! I think they are growing up too fast, as well! It was wonderful to hold sleeping Jake in church yesterday. I was thinking, "Oh, he's still so little! Don't get any bigger!"

Three Scobeys said...

I think every mom is probably "that mom" at some point or another...do not be too hard on yourself :) They are growing up so fast and getting cuter and cuter (if that is even possible) with every post! I miss you!

Jodi said...

I am DEFINITELY that mom!! But I do it all the time, just a part of life for this "crier." But let yourself feel it... it will help you store away those sweet memories!! You got some cutie kids!

Kim said...

Well just so you know they did GREAT in their bible class! Very advanced I must say. Oh and I found Jake's sock.. I will get that to you.

AmyB said...

I say, cry it up before they are old enough to make fun of their mom! Too sweet.