Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It Really Does Exist!

I had heard of it happening, but hadn't actually experienced it in a while. Somewhere in the back of my mind, there was a fuzzy recollection of it. What wonderful thing's existence did I confirm last night? A night with eight straight hours of undisturbed sleep!

The twins have been sleeping through the night since they were three & a half months old, but we still have to go in at least once or twice a night to soothe someone or replace a paci. Over the course of the last few weeks, Mal has transformed into an awful sleeper, as I mentioned in the last post. Sunday night was definitely one of the worst. She woke up around midnight & refused to sleep after that point unless she was being held. Each time we got her calmed down & back in bed, she waited about 30 seconds & then started screaming again.

Last night, we braced ourselves for a night of tough love. We put her to bed in the pack-n-play in the guest room so she wouldn't disturb Jake & had a plan worked out for how long we would let her cry between each interval of soothing her. I just knew it was going to be terrible, but then an amazing thing happened: she slept GREAT! I realize that this bliss may be fleeting, but I am going to bask in it anyway. Hopefully, things are clicking & she'll continue to do well.

The pictures in this post are a random assortment from our last week or so. Enjoy!

This is how we found Mal one day when we arrived home from church. She wasn't really upset, just very confused about why she couldn't see her toys.

Sweet kids tuckered out from playing. I think they look funny both leaning to the side.
Here are several of Mal with her newest fashion update. Mimi & Pops got her some Ugg boots for Christmas, & she looks so adorable in them! Having children is really just a grown up way to play dolls sometimes.


Mimi & Pops also made sure that Jake was stylin' with these Pumas.
The new favorite activity at our house: watching Baby Einstein. I army crawled into the room to get this shot of their faces so I wouldn't disrupt them.
Riley came to play on Thursday while his mommy went to work, & we had so much fun. Who wouldn't want to play with this sweet boy?
Reading them a story felt like having my own daycare class.
Sneaky Riley is putting the moves on Mal, but she isn't so sure that's a good idea.
Baby Einstein...greatness!
Sarah hosted our moms' prayer breakfast this month. We had lots of yummy food & good fellowship. Here's Jake with Miss Presley.Sarah & RileyTami & KateMitzi & ThatcherWe got a special treat last week. Pops stayed with us all week while he worked in Dallas, & then Mimi joined us for the weekend. This pic is random, but I just like Mal's hypnotized stare.
Mimi & Mal
Jake letting Mommy kiss on him
Mimi & Jake
Sweet kids killing time in Mommy & Daddy's bed before breakfast on Sunday
Mal's favorite spot to sleep: on Pops.
I got the kids dressed in their Valentine's Day gear to go to the grocery store yesterday. Mal's shirt says "All I need is Love" & Jake's says "hunk'a burnin' love." Mal didn't actually get to wear hers to the store since she had a diaper situation just as I was ready to leave, but at least we got a picture!
Here are a few videos to finish up our week. Jake has become such the big laugher lately, so this is just a cute one of his cackles.

Mal getting in some giggles with Daddy

This was from last night. J cleared his throat & it was apparently very funny to Jake. So then, of course, he kept doing it to see if he would laugh again. I have never heard him laugh this hard before.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Molly Woodall said...

Ok, I have it figured out! Mallory's sleeping problem is easily fixed....Miss Mal would like her OWN room...easy fix huh?
Thank you so much for the laughs and giggles...your sweet babies made my day!

Toni said...

Such sweet giggles! Especially the last one of Jake. Just what I needed today. :)

Karson said...

My vote is for the 3rd video. (loved them all though) Just what I needed to start my week.

best wishes,

KW