Monday, April 11, 2011

Bonus Saturday

The week before last, J took Friday off from work for us to have some extra family time & also for me to get a bit of a break. He took Jake to get a haircut that morning, which is never my favorite task. Then we took advantage of the gorgeous day & headed to the Arboretum for a picnic.

I would love to be able to say that I prepared a nice, homemade picnic of healthy foods, but in reality we just picked up Chick Fil-A. Oh well, the kids were happy. We require quite a bit of gear these days, & the Arboretum was super crowded, but we still had a great time. I love having a membership because I don't feel bad to just stay for an hour or two when we go.
Beau spent the entirety of our visit like this, for which I was grateful.This is the only picture we got of the gorgeous flowers, which doesn't begin to do the gardens justice.My beautiful girl with her classic expression: furrowed brow, pursed lips.Jake & Mal had fun climbing on some trees, looking at all of the flowers & walking through the storybook castles that are on display right now.

They're great at saying "cheese" but not always great at looking at the camera simultaneously.
"Okay Daddy, we're over this picture thing."
Sweet baby stretching out after we got home
We love Daddy Days!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

So THAT is where those gorgeous pictures in your header came from! Fabulous. :)

Hattie said...

I can tell from your picture of your picnic that is the exact same spot Mark, Charlotte, and I sat for our picnic last Saturday at the Arboretum. Same tree and everything! Too funny!