Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Party Hearty

This sweet little message from Justin greeted me when I walked into the kitchen Monday morning.
J left the house early for his men's Bible study, but the kids & I started our day with cranberry orange muffins. Then we headed to school for their class Valentine party. They enjoyed decorating mailboxes with heart stickers & then exchanging valentines with their friends...
playing Valentine bean bag toss...

eating red & white snack foods (strawberries with cool whip, craisins & white chocolate pretzels)...
& listening to Valentine stories!
Me & my sweeties
That evening, we celebrated Valentine's Day as a family with spaghetti for dinner, brownies with cool whip & strawberries for dessert & some fun presents.
Jake & Mal then spent forever sitting on the kitchen floor sorting through their loot from the day's events. It's amazing how many times they can look through all of their valentines & still be excited each time!
J & I plan to have a nice pre-baby dinner out in a couple of weeks instead of going out for V-Day. He did bring home some beautiful tulips for me, though. What a sweetheart!

No comments: