Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

J left town on Monday afternoon to go to Baltimore for work, so it's just been me & the kids here since the weather turned nasty. On Tuesday, I wasn't too excited about taking Jake & Mal out to play by myself since it was actually still coming down & the winds were ridiculous. Yesterday I decided not to be a total stick in the mud & ventured out with them for a bit. The "wintry mix" that we received on Tuesday had completely hardened & turned our yard into one big, crunchy sheet of ice. The kids though it was funny to stomp around on the ice & make it crunch.
But perhaps their favorite part was picking up chunks of ice from the edge of the sidewalk & throwing them down onto the pavement to make them shatter.
Good thing it only takes about 15 minutes in the freezing weather to make me a fun Mommy!As soon as I suggested hot chocolate, the munchkins were happy to head back inside.
Tasty!

As we begin our third straight day at home, I'm definitely ready for the cold weather to end. We've all got cabin fever! At least Daddy is home now; that makes everything better. I hope everyone is staying warm!

2 comments:

Hattie said...

I love the picture of the three of you. You can really see that Mal has your eyes!

Jodi said...

YES! You need to blow up that self-portrait of you three.... PRECIOUS!!! Shoot, might be the best self-portrait ever taken. I may just put it up in MY house. ;)