Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Out With the White!

While I am definitely ready for some cooler temperatures & fun fall clothes, Labor Day always makes me a little sad because I say goodbye to white pants, skirts, handbags & shoes. I think their winter hiatus makes me like them more, though. When Easter rolls around the next year, I'm always excited to see my little white friends again.

Today, however, I discovered a new white thing that is definitely a foe, not a friend. I had a...wait for it...white hair! My hair stylist gleefully plucked it from the back of my head today & showed it to me as he was cutting my hair. What?! Why on earth do I have white hair? "I'm 25!" I exclaimed several times, as if the sheer ridiculousness of having white hair at 25 would make it disappear. I promptly made him check for more, & he assured me that it was indeed a lone ranger. I laughed it off while I was there, but seriously, I don't know if I can handle this. It wasn't even a gray hair. It went one smug step further & decided to be WHITE of all colors. I have informed my hair that white is "so last season" & told it to stick to earth tones, so we'll see if it listens.

8 comments:

Lori said...

This made me laugh and sympathize. I've had them for a while. Welcome to the winter wonderland!

AmyB said...

OK, I totally keep wearing white after Labor Day. I sort of choose my own time when it feels like fall is imminent and then say goodbye. I'm not much of a fashionista :) And maybe the white hair isnt an age thing. Maybe its just random like the black stripe down the back of your head. Or maybe your hair has decided to go for a skunk look, who knows?? ;)

Miranda said...

I have found 1 white hair on 2 separate occasions. The first time I totally flipped out...the second time I just yanked it out and pretended it never existed!!!

Hattie said...

You are so funny! And I am pretty sure you are the only person I know who sticks to the "no white after Labor Day" rule!

Boswell Buzz said...

You are so funny. Let me know if you want to start coloring--I found a great color at Sprouts that looks quite natural

Misty said...

Girl my hair would totally be gray all over if I didn't color it. Welcome to my world!!!

Jodi said...

Motherhood does it to you. Pregnancy, actually. Consider yourself lucky that you only have ONE. I pluck several EVERDAY now... just a matter of time before I have to color. Oh well. But mine are CRAZY and squiggly, and stick straight up! Gotta love that! :)

Since you seem to be a trendsetter and a rule follower at the same time, could you make the rule that the "no white after labor day" rule should not apply to TX? As long as it is summer temps outside, I should get to wear summer attire. I'm just sayin'....

Sarah said...

OK I actually laughed out loud at this one. Let me know how the "sticking to earth tones" goes.