Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Clean Fun

With all of the fancy toys & gadgets that every family owns to keep their kids entertained, it's always the boring, non-toy items that do the trick. Take these pillows, for example. I bought new pillows for my bed recently & let the kids play with them before I removed the plastic packaging (don't worry - I was supervising). You would have thought I'd bought them each their very own pony!Notice the other non-toy that's visible in this pic: an old Blackberry of J's.

The latest favorite at our house is diapers. I promise we only let them play with the clean ones! Jake & Mal carry diapers around the room & up the stairs with them. They scrub the floor with them, wave them in the air & have a grand ole time. Seriously, I don't get it.
This scene plays out in my kitchen at least three or four times a day. I'm sick of cleaning up the mess, & I know I could avoid it by moving the basket out of their reach, but it does keep them entertained while I clean up. Sometimes, that's priceless!
Witness it for yourself!

1 comment:

Newberry said...

How cute! I'm sure picking up after two one year olds keeps you pretty busy :)