Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh Teeth, Where Art Thou?

I have decided that teething is one of the most ridiculous concepts of parenting young children. When Jake started drooling profusely at about 4 months, I was told by all, "Oh, he must be teething."
Whenever a baby is extra fussy for no apparent reason, people say, "I'll bet she's teething."
When they begin to gnaw on everything in sight, again, teething is to blame.
Only one problem here: at almost a year old, we only have five teeth between our two kids!
Having late bloomers in this department is certainly not something I'm complaining about for many reasons, but shouldn't the pearly white little culprits of all this commotion be showing up sometime soon?
Today, both kids have slightly runny noses, seem to be in some sort of oral pain, aren't sleeping well & are all around difficult. Ah, the joys of teething!
Maybe they'll all just come in at once & we'll get through the terrible part in one fell swoop. Probably not, but a girl can dream!

2 comments:

Three Scobeys said...

Those pictures are so cute...I am sorry that the little ones seem to be uncomfortable. How old were Jake and Mal when they started sleeping through the night. I know that Evie is only 6 weeks...and that I am completely impatient...but I feel like she is taking steps BACKWARDS, and it is very frustrating.

AmyB said...

Justin's cousin's comment makes me smile and nod my head. Here is a pat on the back for her. :) Nobody told me that they tend take one step forward and two steps back on the sleep thing either. And when people act surprised that your 6 week old is not sleeping 8 hours, that adds to the frustration too!

And Noah started his slobbering and whatnot at about 3 months, so of course I have already gotten teething comments too! We need to get together soon!