Monday, December 8, 2008

Gobble 'Til You Wobble

We spent Thanksgiving this year with my family in Paris, Texas. My Uncle Ron & Aunt Nancy came in from California to celebrate the holiday with us, & it was so great to see them again. It had been two years since I had seen them, & they were very excited to meet Jake & Mallory. Unfortunately, my nephew was sick on T-day, so my brother & his family didn't get to join us. We saw them on Friday before we left town. Here are some assorted pics from our week. I really didn't do a very good job documenting the twins' first Thanksgiving. I'll try to do better at Christmas.

Jake hanging out with Aunt Nancy when he woke up Wednesday, still swaddled up. Mallory loves her Nana.
Enthralled by the activity gym my mom had for them
Jake loving on Uncle Ron
Papa thought Jake might not want to nap alone, so he joined him.


Tuckered out Mal
She loves to be a cuddlebug!
Dressed up for Turkey Day!
The effects of too much turkey


My cousin's little girl, Madison, just loved the babies.
My mom's friend Jackie joined us for lunch. She & Mom have been friends since before I was born, & it was so nice to see her again.



Nana, Aunt Nancy, & Aunt Dianne
We didn't bother lugging our baby bathtub to their house, so this was our setup. They really do love bath time, so they were fine with the change.




Jake made the most of having lots of people around & managed to have someone holding him the majority of the time. He thought Uncle Ron was so funny, & had a great time hanging out with him.
One exciting thing about our week was that the twins started sleeping through the night. I'm not talking about just what the doctors call "through the night." In my book, five or six hours is not a night. They made it ALL the way through the night & have kept it up since then. That makes for a very happy Mommy!

5 comments:

Molly Woodall said...

What a great Thanksgiving gift those babies gave you....sleeping all night. I know Mommy and Daddy are VERY VERY VERY happy!
Looks like y'all had a great time...you gotta watch their intake of turkey...it really got them AND your Dad this year!

Hayley said...

Congrats on the sleeping through the night thing! There is nothing better!

Amy McCown said...

They are just too cute. I am with you - I do not count sleeping through the night 5-6 hours. Yeah for sleeping through the night.

AmyB said...

I laughed hard when I saw the pic of your dad passed out with Jake. Sweet. I got all excited looking at Mallory's dress, then remembered that I'm not having one of those!

Miranda said...

Congratulations on the sleeping! That's great!