Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yuck!

Remember that cute outfit from my last post with ruffles on the hiney? Well, Mallory decided when she wore it on Sunday that it needed some extra decoration. J was holding Jake on his chest while he watched football, so I set Mal in his other arm while I went to do something. When I came back into the den, he said he thought he smelled something & asked me to check her diaper. One sniff confirmed that there was indeed something toxic in there, so I picked her up to go change her. As I did so, we quickly realized that the ridiculously large amount of poo in that diaper had traveled up her back & soaked through her onesie & her shirt & was also all over J's shirt. A bath was clearly the only way to handle this mess, so to the sink we went!

She was rather angry with us for having her in the cold metal sink while we tried to remove the toxic diaper.Finally, a clean girl once again. This is her innocent, "I don't know who made that big mess!" face.Jake didn't like being left out, so he treated me to an equally disgusting blowout yesterday. Since I was here by myself, he didn't get a bath, but I had to use about a million wipes & do a load of laundry. Also because I was along, there are no pictures of his event. If they would just become more "regular," I don't think we'd have this problem quite so often, but their new trick is to hold it in for a few days before treating me to a surprise. Yuck!

5 comments:

AmyB said...

Get all that poo out before Friday kids! I'm debating whether or not I should show this one to Jeremy...

Three Scobeys said...

mmmm...I cannot wait to be a mommy :)

Molly Woodall said...

OHHHHHHHHH Priceless!

Miranda said...

I don't believe that your sweet girl could make a mess like that!

Jodi said...

Awesome. :) Hey, you're doing ok.... Reagan made that a daily occurence. Seriously EVERY DAY for a few months... up the back, all over the clothes, my clothes, couch, etc. FYI: powder Oxyclean takes out baby poo really well. Soak it first for a few hours, then wash with normal detergent. I went through LOTS of Oxyclean! :)

Isn't Mommyhood so glamorous?!?!!? :)