Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time Flies

Six years ago today, J & I went on our first date. We met through my friend Sarah & his friend Jon when I was a freshman & he was a senior at ACU. For our first date, J took me to Outback Steakhouse & then back to the house he shared with three other guys for dessert. He made several desserts himself because he was worried that if he made only one, it might be something I didn't like. Dessert is definitely the way to my heart, so that was a great start! I actually have a picture of us on our first date, but it was before the days of digital cameras, so it's not on the computer. I'm very sad that my scanner isn't working properly, so that pic isn't making the post. I have included one from when we were engaged, though, which was my sophomore year. Don't we look young? After one date with Justin, I was head over heels & even told Sarah that I was going to marry that boy. I still can't believe that I was blessed enough to do just that. Our lives have changed dramatically over the past six years, & it has been such a fairy tale.

Sweetheart, I love you so much. Thanks for six great years. I can't wait to see what the next six hold!

6 comments:

Hattie said...

What a fun post! Thank you for sharing! And, I'm sure the next 6 years will hold more babies!

Kimberlee Powell said...

You said looked young, as though you still don't look young...

AmyB said...

You WERE young...and still are! :) I still remember you telling me, "I met this boy...and there's absolutely nothing wrong with him!" Congrats guys!

Jodi said...

So fun. How many more sets of twins do you think the next 6 years holds?!!? :)

I remember when I was a Sr and Justin was a freshman, my friend Mauri and I kept talking about how we needed to find a girl for that smart cute freshman boy in our environmental science class! :) You, however, were still in high school, so I didn't think to consider you... little did I know what the future would bring!! A perfect match! I just wish I could have been the matchmaker and taken the credit. ;)

Sarah said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love those. What fun we have had! I love all the memories.

*Kendra* said...

Time does fly! Your kiddos are precious!!!