Thursday, October 23, 2008

What are you feeding that kid?

I'm sure that people have been wanting to ask me this question lately with regards to Jake...and with good reason. He gained ELEVEN OUNCES IN A WEEK! I know that both of my kids are still small for their age since they were born early, but I'm starting to wonder when their rapid growth will slow down a little bit. At this rate, I'm going to have 35-pound one-year-olds. Jake does like to eat, but he really doesn't eat that much more than Mallory as far as I know. Oh well, I guess - at least he's healthy! Here's his "fat & happy" look after he finished eating the other day.
A few other random pics:

I forgot to post this when I did their two month pictures, but I thought this one was hilarious because Jake is apparently doing his gangsta pose.My sweet friend Jodi sent them these onesies, & I was so excited that they can finally wear them. Thanks Jodi! For some reason, Blogger wants to turn the picture sideways, but that seems fitting given the onesies they're wearing.Dressed up for small group last night:On our way to the moms' prayer breakfast at Anna's house this morning. I love Mallory's smile in this one. Jake was smiling until I raised the camera to take the shot, & then he got distracted. Both yesterday & today, when I put Mallory's bow on her, she flashed me the sweetest grin. I guess she likes being a girly girl. Who would have thought that, with me as her mother? :)We had a wonderful breakfast prepared by Anna, but I was holding a baby most of the time & didn't get many pictures. As a result, Kate & Tami are the only ones who get a shout out.

1 comment:

*Kendra* said...

Gotta love those sweet smiles! Cason has had some big growth spurts like Jake, then they'll taper off....then they'll start again. I get the fat and happy look alot! They are precious!