Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First Road Trip

Last weekend the twins took their first road trip to Paris, Texas, where I grew up. It's only an hour and a half drive, so they slept both there & back. We had lots of fun hanging out with family & friends. As you can see, Papa was very excited to see Mallory.
The duo wanted to show off their new Halloween onesies. Jake's is actually very appropriate, since he often demands a little more of my attention.
And even though no one ever believes me, Mallory can have quite the temper, so hers is fitting at times. Most the time, though, she's a very happy baby.
My cousin Amy & her husband Jeremy were in town for Amy's high school reunion, so they came over to see the babies. Here's Mallory hanging out with her great uncle Tim.Jeremy really wanted Jake to wake up & play, but Jake had other ideas that involved mainly snoozing.Amy & Mallory:
Jake also found that his great aunt Dianne's shoulder was good for snoozing.
Later that afternoon, we tried to have a little photo shoot, but we ended up with two very mad babies. After Mallory was out of the picture, Jake actually calmed down for a few minutes. This picture is funny to me because his hair looks red. It's really just blond, but the light must have been hitting it funny.Tuckered out, chillin' with Daddy:Saturday evening, we went to the wedding of one of my childhood friends. Luckily, it was a short ceremony, so the babies slept through it. And here's how they spent the reception:J & I at the reception:My brother & his family came over that night to see the twins. Brody had said that he was going to hold the babies, but he quickly changed his mind once he was there. Most of our attempts to even get him in a picture with them ended like this.Uncle Kent & Aunt Joni weren't so shy.This was finally the best we could do with Brody. He wouldn't even sit up on the chair, just on the ottoman.These are from Sunday. We tried to get them to sit in a little rocking chair my mom had. Jake cooperated pretty well.Mallory was pretty squirmy, but oh well.Sweet girl in Nana's arms:Thanks for a great weekend, Nana & Papa!

This was back at home Sunday night before bed. I love it when they cuddle!On Tuesday, I thought they looked particularly cute for ladies' Bible class, so I had to take pictures. Doesn't Jake look like a big boy with those shoes?Mallory wasn't really in a picture mood, & I didn't get one with her pretty headband & bow anyway. As I said, she has a fiery temper!

3 comments:

Hattie said...

Those pictures are so cute! I'm glad more of your family got a chance to be with Jake and Mallory.

Jodi said...

OH. My. Word. They are too precious!!!! Just wanna squeeze them! Fun to see your family with them as well... good stuff. :) Love ya!

Marianne said...

Great pictures from your trip to Paris. It was so good to see the FOUR of you!!