Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cute Little Things

Since we've been married, Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays because we actually have friends who like to dress up! Every year, our small group has a costume party, & it's always tons of fun. This year, I had two willing subjects who agreed to dress up as whatever I chose. (Okay, they actually may resent me when they're older, but they sure were cute!) So, here are Thing 1 (Jake) & Thing 2 (Mallory). Kathy came over on Tuesday to help me figure out the rest of their costumes & brought these dolls that she had gotten when she bought the book, so we had to get a picture with them. Here's our trio. We were very sad that J couldn't join us for the event. He was stuck in Oklahoma City for work, so this is the first year he's had to miss the party.
Zack & Tami threw a great party, & everyone went all out for their costumes this year. Jonathan, Jill, & their "little monster" Mason:
Philip (a Christmas tree) & Paige
Haylee was flying solo like I was, but her costume ended up fitting in nicely with Garrett & Amy (Meredith Grey & McDreamy).

Sparky was looking tough in his football uniform with Coach Sarah by his side. Isn't Riley the cutest scarecrow you've ever seen?Zack, Tami & their cute little ladybug, Kate:Jacob & Jenn were a hair stylist & his client. See the curling iron in his pocket? He may need to keep his day job, but the costumes looked great.Mark & Hattie were Olympic champions Michael Phelps & Nastia Luken. Notice Mark's eight gold medals.
In our small group, there's always great food!My creation, a jack-o-lantern cheese ball:Here are some random shots I got throughout the night.All the kiddosHappy Halloween!

10 comments:

Lori said...

CUTE costumes for all three of you!!! Looks like you had fun :-)

Lacey said...

Those are the cutest little Things i've ever seen!

Jodi said...

Cutest Things I've ever seen! SO fun! And your Cat in the Hat is impressive too!

Glad to see that the kiddos can use their paci holders! :)

Three Scobeys said...

Jake and Mallory's costumes are SO cute!! I love it!! We miss you!!

AmyB said...

Perfect costumes! I guess Justin would have been the goldfish? BTW, your hot broccoli dip was all the rage :)

Amy McCown said...

I love the costumes. You guys looked so cute.

The Patterson Family said...

This is hilarious! They look adorable! I'm so happy to see you guys having so much fun with them!!

Molly Woodall said...

OH MY STARS....those "THINGS" were so cute! And Mommy you looked great!

Miranda said...

Hilarious!

Amy Wilson said...

I'm still trying to figure out how you got yourself ready, two kiddos in costumes AND a pumpkin cheeseball all to the party! You are seriously amazing!