Thursday, October 16, 2008

Two Months Old!

Time really flies when you're having fun! I can't believe our sweet angels are already two months old. Here are their growth pics with Mr. Bear.
We went to our new pediatrician on Tuesday for their check-up. We had to change doctors because of our new insurance, but we really like Dr. Denison, our new doc. Jake's stats:
  • 9 lb 10 oz (6%)
  • 21 1/4 inches (just below 5%)
  • his head is 15 1/4 inches around (20%)
Mallory's stats:
  • 8 lb 15 oz (just below 5%)
  • 21 1/4 inches (11 %)
  • her head is 14 1/2 inches around (5 %)
Both babies are turning their heads more to the right side than the left, so they have developed flat spots on the right side of the back of their heads. Jake's forehead is also more prominent on the right side because of it, so the doctor wants them to see a physical therapist to work on exercising their left side. All of this will hopefully help us avoid having to get helmets to help shape their heads.

We are having so much fun with them, & we love them more every day. Here are a few things about them at two months old:
  • Both of them have started smiling a lot more recently, & you can tell that they're really smiling at you instead of just randomly, so that's very fun.
  • They are also "talking" a lot more, so it's really not quiet at our house very often.
  • We now only have to get up for one feeding during the night. They eat at 8:30 & then go to bed around 9:15, & they usually wake up to eat sometime between 2:30-3:00. After that, we don't feed them again until 8:30 am. This is sooooo much nicer than having to get up multiple times in a night!
  • Jake is still often my "needy child" but I think it will just turn into him being a very social little boy. He just wants someone to interact with him.
  • As I mentioned in an earlier post, Mallory is developing a spitfire temper when she's not pleased with something. It's so funny because you can definitely tell a difference in her cry when she's just annoyed at you as opposed to when she actually needs something.
  • A nightly ritual for J & I is what we call the pacifier game. From the time we put them to bed to the time they fall asleep, we are constantly going back in to give them their pacifiers as they spit them out & start crying. We've only had one night without having to put any back in, & our highest counts can go upwards of 40. We keep track of how many we put in to make it fun...otherwise, it would just be depressing!
Here are some random pictures we've taken lately. This was right before a feeding. Obviously, Mallory was hungry enough to eat Jake's arm, but I thought it was funny because it looks like they're arm wrestling.
Tuckered out after watching the GREAT Texas-OU game on Saturday:"Go away, please. I'm sleeping!"Miss Priss before small group last week:
Hamming it up for the camera:
Looking cute before we left for their doctor's appointment. Obviously, I hadn't told them about the S-H-O-T yet!Sweet smiles:I'll end with a few videos. The first two are just of them playing & being happy last week. Too cute not to document!



This one is a little long, so I won't be offended if you don't watch it all, but there are certain grandmothers out there who enjoy these videos, even if they're not all that eventful.

6 comments:

AmyB said...

It's so weird that I live to see new blogs posted by random people. I have decided that I cannot agree with the majority. I think that Mallory looks like Justin and Jake like Alli, only with opposite eyes. I think. We'll see how this theory pans out.

Lori said...

They are adorable and I watched all the videos, too sweet not to :-)

Amy McCown said...

They are just so sweet. I love that there little personalities are developing. I remember the days of the pacifier game. We used to put Layton to bed with 15 different ones around him so he would have a problem finding them (when he was a little older than the twins of course).

Molly Woodall said...

OH MY .... they are so precious. Their smiles are THE BEST! The one pic of Mallory before small groups looked like she was on the phone....maybe a sign of things to come!
Give them kisses from P-town!

Kaela said...

What makes you think that only grandparents check their favorite baby blogs on a regular basis hoping to see videos?!

I love watching those little legs go! I need to come visit soon, I'm sure they've been asking about me.

Varner said...

They just keep getting cuter and cuter! I can't believe they are 2 months old already.