Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm Unemployed!

As of yesterday, I am officially unemployed. Hopefully, these babies won't decide to arrive before their scheduled delivery date, & I'll have four weeks to rest & get ready for them. A couple of weeks ago, my great co-workers gave me a surprise baby shower. It was lots of fun, & they gave me the twins' exersaucer & diaper champ, along with a big box of diapers. The gifts were wonderful, but I will admit that my favorite part was probably the cake. What do you expect from a pregnant lady? Stein's bakery makes the best cakes, & Sheryl got a strawberry one with cream cheese icing - one of my favorites!
Me & Sheryl - I'm going to miss seeing her every day!
Yesterday, they sent me off in style with a cookie cake. Yum!
Clair, Sheryl & Eli took me to lunch at Luna de Noche. Thanks guys!
I am really looking forward to staying home to raise our children, but I am also very thankful for the great job I've had for the last four years. I started working there part time while I finished my degree & then switched to full time after graduating. Not really knowing where to start looking for a job after moving to a new city, I posted a resume online. Less than a week later, I got a call & went to interview for this position. It has been a great place to work & was truly a blessing to Justin & I for this opportunity to come along. Now on to my new career - being a mom!

No comments: