Friday, August 28, 2009

So Long, Old Friend

I have been done nursing for almost a month now, & the kids are totally transitioned over to whole milk. (By the way, the regular Wal-Mart brand milk is hormone free.) There were many times over the last year when I felt like all I did all day was feed babies. Even so, it was a wonderful experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. This lovely contraption below was my near constant companion during those months. While I was a little sad to be done with nursing because it meant my babies were growing up, I didn't mind too much when I packed up my pump & found a place for it in a closet. For any future mommies out there, I was actually very happy with the brand that I bought (Avent) & would be happy to discuss its merits with you if you're trying to decide what to buy.Nursing has several annoying little traits to it, but there are also some benefits that I will miss:
  • Cuddle time with my babies! As they get bigger & more mobile, they just don't hold still very often for very long.
  • Free baby food, whenever they needed it!
  • And last but not least, all those calories burned by simply sitting in a chair & feeding babies! I guess my elliptical will have to be my new friend instead of my pump. :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Speaking of feeding, I heard you did a great job freezing food before the babies were born for you and J afterward. With my food issues, I've been looking in to the idea. Any tips on what freezes well??

AmyB said...

Hooray and sad at the same time! That's what I think about the day that breastfeeding stops.