Saturday, August 1, 2009

God's Big Backyard

I just finished my first Vacation Bible School at Prestoncrest & had a blast. This week I taught a class of 4-year-olds, but last week I helped with some decorating. Our church definitely goes all out for VBS, so there was a lot to be done.

Our theme was God's Big Backyard, & the 4th-6th grade area was made to look like the kids were ant-sized with huge picnic items all around them. Hattie & I helped weave this giant picnic blanket for the kids to sit on.

It ended up being really cute!
I am SO not a teacher, but I decided to take a leap out of my comfort zone & sign up to teach. Luckily, my co-teacher Amy was awesome. We had 12 energetic four-year-olds in our class.
Learning the motions to our songs during music class
Craft time
This is Brooke, who is just too cute to resist. I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but she was one of mine. Such a sweetie!
Me & my class
We had some tears, a bathroom accident & lots of chaos, but it was fun. Hopefully, I helped in some small way to teach these kids a little more about Jesus.

1 comment:

Hattie said...

It was fun decorating with you and I'm glad you enjoyed the 4-year-olds!