Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Life's Amibtion

Throughout my life, there have been many things that I wanted to be or do. When I was really little, I wanted to be a teacher like my mom & dad. For most of my childhood & adolescence, I wanted to be an OB/GYN. But whatever the dream was at the time, being a mother was always part of it. From a very young age, I had dozens of baby dolls that I loved on often, & they each had names.

Now that I've been a mother for almost nine months, I can truly say that the thing to which I aspired all those years is every bit as wonderful as I had hoped. I won't deny that it has also been very difficult at times & not every day is fun, but I wouldn't trade a minute. I am so blessed to have my sweet angels!

My Mother's Day has been great so far! I got to open sweet cards from J & the kids this morning. Jake & Mal even signed them, with some help from Daddy. The three of them gave me the gift of having my dining room painted for my special day. I'll have to pick out my color soon! We also enjoyed a yummy lunch at Macaroni Grill after church. Thanks guys!

Happy Mommy with her darlings this morning before church
I've been wanting to post these pics for a few weeks, but we framed some of them for our mothers & grandmothers, so I had to keep them under wraps. Thank you to Charolette for telling us about a spot close to us with pretty bluebonnets.

Both of them enjoyed expecting the flowers & trying to eat grass.

This was my favorite of the two of them.
They thought the breeze was funny.
Sweet hugs
I LOVE this one of Jake!
Where did Jake go?



Pretty girl!

Funny faces from Mal


To our moms & grandmas, Happy Mother's Day! We love you all so much!

3 comments:

Three Scobeys said...

Those little ones are SO cute. I love how much they interact now! Happy happy mother's day...you are a GREAT one!

AmyB said...

Love those pics! I need to get you guys to be our photographers sometime! :)

Winters said...

Sweet, sweet pictures! They are so photogenic :)Hope you had a great Mother's Day!