Friday, May 22, 2009

Five LONG Years

Today is our fifth wedding anniversary! Whenever anyone asks J how long we've been married, he replies, "Five LONG years!" It's currently his favorite joke. Here are some highlights from our first five years as husband & wife.

Justin graduated with his masters in accounting from ACU two weeks before our wedding. I had just finished my sophomore year at ACU. Yes, I was a teenage bride! We moved to Dallas into our tiny apartment, J started working for PwC & we started attending church at Prestoncrest.

Our wedding day - May 22, 2004I graduated with a bachelor's degree in biology from UTD in December 2005, & we continued to enjoy life as newlyweds.

In Gulf Shores, Alabama where we spent the week of July 4th, 2005 with J's family
We bought our first home in 2006 & spent much of that year doing small updates, buying furniture, etc. J left PwC to work for the Coker Group.

I think this was taken in San Luis Obispo on our trip to Orange County, California in March 2006.
2007 was our year of travel. We were planning to start a family soon, so that year we went to New York, Jamaica, Italy, Colorado & Florida.

July 2007 - in Jamaica for J's brother's wedding
Last year was all about the babies! Since I was 24 weeks pregnant with the twins, we spent our fourth anniversary in Frisco, Texas.
This year has flown by as we've watched our babies grow, & I can't believe it's already May! I would post a recent picture of us, but it's hard to find one of just the two of us. I'll have to take one tonight. Garrett & Amy are coming to watch the kiddos so we can go to dinner at Truluck's. We're going on a little weekend trip to the hill country for our anniversary, but that's not actually happening for a few more weeks.

To my wonderful husband, I love you so much! These first five years have been amazing, & I look forward to many, many more!

4 comments:

Amy McCown said...

Happy anniversary. I still remember meeting you all at church and you guys had just been married for a few weeks. Have fun at dinner.

Miranda said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hattie said...

Great post! Happy Anniversary, you old married couple!

AmyB said...

Yay! Congrats and hope your day was great. I know you are looking forward to that trip!