Sunday, October 24, 2010

Aloha: The Feast at Lele

We spent our last evening in Hawaii at at traditional luau. These events are a bit on the pricey side, but I would definitely recommend the experience! The particular one we chose, The Feast at Lele, only seats 125 people per night, as opposed to others that seat 500. Doesn't J pull off wearing a purple lei so well?
The event takes place right on the beach in the town of Lahaina, which was once called Lele when it was the home to Hawaii's royalty. The wait staff were a bit scantily clad, but I guess that's just how they roll on Maui.
We began our evening watching a beautiful sunset.

Then came the food! Even though a few of the menu items weren't quite my cup of tea, there was still plenty to fill me up. I also loved that their entire cocktail menu could be ordered without alcohol, so I got to enjoy a Lava Flow. So pretty and yummy!
Throughout the evening, the performers take you on a journey through Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti & Samoa. Each segment includes foods from each locale, as well as chants, dances & native dress. It was a lot of fun to watch!
Hawaii

New Zealand

Tahiti
Samoa

What a great way to end our trip!

3 comments:

Cari and Logan said...

Ummm...can I just say how UNFAIR it is that you are so incredibly beautiful...even while pregnant?!?!?!
That picture of just you on this post needs to be in Justin's office...framed.

You are truly gorgeous, my friend. Jerk. ;)

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness! I'm about 99.9% sure that this is the same luau that we did when I graduated from high school...it might be a little more romantic with your hubby than it was with my parents and friends.:) Glad you had fun! I'm enjoying the pics!

Winters said...

What awesome pictures! From the luau pics to the natural wonders...all of them~amazing photos!! Oh, and the potty training outside...hilarious! Do what you gotta do :-)