Friday, June 26, 2009

Sold!

I've been looking forward to writing this post for several months now. As of today, we are the proud owners of only ONE home! We finally sold our old house & closed on it today. I've been hesitant to even mention that we were getting close for fear that I would somehow jinx it. This was the fifth offer we've had on the house. The previous four all fell through after negotiations for one reason or another, so it's been a frustrating process. We realize how blessed we are to have been able to go ahead & move into the new house while we were trying to sell the old one & are very grateful for that opportunity.

While I am in love with our new house & am glad we moved, selling the old one certainly puts me in a bit of a nostalgic mood. That was our first home, & it holds a lot of wonderful memories. In the three years we lived in it, we took on all kinds of projects, from painting rooms to redoing floors.

Our formal living room that was still dark paneling when we moved in
Our den where we hung out & watched TV
Painting the nursery
Jake & Mal's first roomReplacing the hardwood floors

Tiling J's closet
Putting new hardware on my kitchen cabinetsThat house will also always be special because our first memories with our babies are there. Here we are before taking them to church for the first time.
I have so many pictures of them in their bumbo seats in that kitchen. They were so tiny!
And, of course, I love all the shots of them eating in this window sill.
So we say farewell to our house on Goodwin Drive. It was a wonderful first home for us, & we hope that the new owners are blessed as they live there, just as we have been.

4 comments:

Hattie said...

I am so glad that you were finally able to sell your old house, but understand that it is also hard to leave a place with some many wonderful memories. Just think of all the amazing memories you will make at your new house!

AmyB said...

So happy for you and a little sad because I loved the Goodwin house too! I know that is such a relief to have it sold though. Congrats guys! Your new home is beautiful and such a blessing!

Linda said...

Ahhh! I got teary eyed reading this post and seeing the pictures. We were so excited for you to buy your first home. But... we love your new home, too. You and Justin always have good ideas on updating and adding new things. It is fun for us to watch you use the blessings that you have been given. Love ya!

Newberry said...

Yea!!!! I'm so excited for you and Justin!