Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sugar Rush

As I've mentioned before, I love to bake. Decorating sugar cookies is one of my favorite baking activities, & I've gotten to do a lot of that lately.

I was recruited to help decorate cookies for our recent Ladies' Day at church. We were supporting the ministry Handbags for Hope, so we had purse cookies for dessert. I can't really take much credit with these. My sweet friend Sarah came to my rescue because she knew I had a busy week & came over to help decorate. She ended up providing most of the creativity between the two of us, so I mostly just copied her designs. Here's what we came up with.

I also made cookies last week for my friend Kim's baby shower. She is having twin girls in just a few weeks, so we have a new member of the "twin mommy club!" Baby cookies are usually my favorites to make. The shapes are easily recognizable, so you really just have to fill them in with color & everyone knows what it is. Much less creativity required for this than the purses, so that's more my style.
Now if only I had a magical calorie-free cookie that tasted as good as these do!

2 comments:

Three Scobeys said...

Those are SO SO SO cute...and they look delicious!

Sarah said...

Ok I can't let you give me credit for all of the creative ideas. You came through a few times with some ideas. I will just take most of the credit! : )