Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Little Boy No Longer

All three of my children have been very slow to acquire hair, at least at first.  That's okay, I think my bald babies are pretty cute.  But when Jake & Mallory did finally get hair, I was thrilled to see their gorgeous curls, compliments of their father.

To add to the gorgeousness of his curls, Jake was also a towhead.  Anyone remember this blond beauty?
Since his first haircut shortly after his second birthday, Jake's hair has thickened up, gotten quite a bit darker & lost most of it's curl.  It did still curl some when long, though, which is why I think I preferred a slightly shaggy look on him.  This pic was taken about a week ago & shows "the mop," as we called it.
As of Saturday, the mop is gone.  J took him for a haircut & had my approval to get it a bit shorter, but I was not prepared for this!  Don't get me wrong, I think it's adorable.  But I did shed a few tears out of pure shock when the boy who returned after a haircut was not my little three-year-old but a big boy.
 
As I told Justin, we might as well just send him on to first grade right away, because that's how old he looks to me.
 
My only consolation is that I'm starting to see a curl in Beau's hair that is coming in.  Heaven help me when he starts growing up.  I'll definitely be a basket case!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I saw Jake's new do on Sunday in the Backyard. Super cute!