Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sonograms & Demolition Day

I'm officially a "bad blogger." I always have great intentions of getting things posted in a timely manner & actually having more than one post every week or so, but somehow I don't get that done. Oh well! We had a sonogram last Monday, & each baby now weighs 1 lb 12 oz. By the size of my belly, you might think they were each several pounds, but they're actually at great weights for their gestational age. Here's Jake posing for the camera. His head is on the right & that's his belly on the left with a hand showing above it. If you tilt your head to the right, you can visualize his little face better.

And here's Mallory. Because of the angle the picture was taken from, she looks like she's exactly opposite from Jake (head on the left), but they were really laying almost side by side in the same direction during the sonogram.

They were both moving around like crazy during the appointment, which has pretty much become the norm lately. I'm loving every minute of it! Feeling them move is so awesome, & it's just great to have a reminder that they're in there & are doing well. I have an appointment with my regular OB on Wednesday, & we should get a date for the C-section. Anyone that knows me at all knows I love to plan, so this is very exciting to me. Before you all comment on how they could come before that date & throw a kink in my plan, let me assure you that I know that. It's just nice to have something to shoot for, & hopefully they'll stay in there until the doctor decides it's time for their arrival. One last pic on the baby topic - here's me at 24 weeks.

On to the demolition! As part of our big flooring project that we're tackling, J & his dad are going to replace the hardwood floors in our entry hall & dining room. These are the before pictures:


They don't look that bad in the pictures, but they have tons of sun damage, & there are lots of weak & brittle boards from some old termite damage. The new floors will be installed when J's parents come for my shower in a few weeks, but J decided to start on the prep work this weekend so that he can have it ready to just put the new stuff down when Gary gets here. Really, I think he just liked having a reason to tear something up!

He's now working on scraping the old glue off of the floor & getting everything smoothed out for the new floor to go down. We also ordered our carpet on Friday, so hopefully that will be installed in the next week or so. Happy Memorial Day tomorrow!

4 comments:

Amy McCown said...

I can not believe that it is already time to start planning the c-section. That is so exciting. They will be here before you know it. I am impressed with J's handy work.

JT said...

Super fun to see the twins. I am also inspired by your house projects. I think it is a big deal to hang pictures. :-)

Graham said...

Hey you two. Great to get to see the little guy and gal. Also great to see that Justin is still tearing things up.

Miranda said...

The babies are looking fabulous! Can't say the same for the floors just yet, but they'll be great in no time.